Press Release: Veggie Gril Debuts Mindful Living Menu
New Menu Highlights Flavor-Packed, Calorie Smart, High Protein, Nutrient-Dense Combinations
Santa Monica, Calif. – January 20, 2014 – Veggie Grill, the popular West Coast fast-casual restaurant concept that is committed to revolutionizing the way people think about vegetarian food, is redefining calorie smart craveability with their new Mindful Living menu, now available at all 23 locations. The newly curated menu shines the spotlight on items that are lower in calories, high in protein and nutrient-dense. The Mindful Living menu includes a variety of existing menu items along with new entrée and side combinations, many of which are already guest-favorites including the new Quinoa Power Salad and the Bombay Bowl. Many of the items provide about 30 grams of protein while keeping calories near the 500 per plate range.
“We’re passionate about providing our guests better-for-you options and we recognize that many are especially aware of their eating habits at the start of the New Year,” said Ray White, Chief Foodie for Veggie Grill. “Our Mindful Living menu empowers guests to easily identify and enjoy great nutritional benefits without compromising the delicious flavor we’re known for.”
The Mindful Living menu, which will be highlighted alongside Veggie Grill’s regular menu, gives guests their ideal food choice based on the nutritional elements they’re most interested in. Each item lists calorie count, protein and addresses nutrient benefits such as fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. The new menu will feature 13 options including:
- Bombay Bowl (GF): Whole roasted veggies, almonds + hemp seeds, packed with Omega 3s and Omega 6s (590 Calories | 17 g Protein)
- American Stack Kale Style, side of Cauli-Mashed Potatoes: Kale is very high in beta carotene, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and rich in calcium (560 Calories | 33g Protein)
- Bayou Chickin’ Kale Style, side of Herb-Roasted Veggies: Herb-roasted veggies are high in fiber, antioxidants, Vitamin B and potassium (470 Calories | 28g Protein)
- Thai Salad with Chickin’: Great source of beta-carotene, Vitamin C and fiber (hold the wontons) (590 Calories |30g Protein)
- Bali Bliss Blackened Kale Style, side of Chili: Organic non-GMO tempeh with 19g of dietary fiber – this one has it all! (530 Calories | 33g Protein)
Veggie Grill’s 100-percent plant-based menu is prepared in-house and fresh to order with nutrient-dense, wholesome ingredients, made from scratch daily. Additionally, all menu items are free of animal fat, dairy, eggs, cholesterol, antibiotics, trans fats, hormones and high-fructose corn syrup; many gluten free options are also available. For more information and the full menu, visit the website at
About Veggie Grill
Veggie Grill, headquartered in Santa Monica, California, is a premium fast-casual restaurant chain that features a satisfying and energizing variety of hot sandwiches and burgers, wraps, entrée salads, bowls, homestyle plates, daily soups, organic teas and housemade desserts prepared with hearty, and organic non-GMO plant-based proteins and wholesome ingredients. Veggie Grill renders the impossible possible: wholesome food that is convenient, affordable, craveable and made 100% from plants. Veggie Grill currently has 23 locations along the West Coast with additional locations opening soon. More information and the full menu are available online at http://www.veggiegrill.com.
Become a fan of Veggie Grill on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/veggiegrill or follow on Twitter at http://twitter.com/veggiegrill. Download the Veggie Grill Love mobile loyalty app for instant rewards.